The 50% of the proposals with most supports will made it to the final phase and will be evaluated by a jury.
Given the exceptional mobilization of some cities in search of support for their proposals, the technical secretariat has decided that 50% of the most voted nominations (the 26 with the most support) qualify for the final phase. This ensures a greater diversity of proposals that will be evaluated by an international jury of experts which will be constituted shortly. In addition, the jury may select 4 of the discarded proposals to be evaluated together with the rest of the proposals qualified for the final phase.
The process saw 16 107 participants posting 1 258 comments on the PARTICIPATE OIDP platform and a total of 18 213 votes. During this period, the members of the platform made questions and suggestions to those who presented the proposals and could support up to 5 proposals.
All the proposals will be edited and published on the IOPD website and will be disseminated as a reference of best practice in citizen participation and democratic innovation.
The IOPD Secretariat would like to thank all those who participated in this evaluation phase, which we hope had serve as a source of dissemination, learning and inspiration.
Top 26 candidacies supported:
- Município de Águeda (Portugal)
- Municipalidad Metropolitana de Lima (Perú)
- The Citizens' Assembly of Ankara (Turkey)
- City of Kazan (Russia)
- Sakarya Metropolitan Municipality (Turkey)
- Alcaldía de Manizales (Colombia)
- Alcaldía de Iztapalapa (México)
- Centro Estatal de Participación Ciudadana de Querétaro (CEPACIQ) (México)
- Nilüfer Municipality (Turkey)
- Fatih Municipality (Turkey)
- Consejo Nuevo León para la Planeación Estratégica
- Prefeitura da Cidade do Rio de Janeiro (Brasil)
- Gobierno de Guadalajara (México)
- Bagcilar Municipality(Turkey)
- Varazdin County (Croatia)
- Câmara Municipal de Lisboa (Portugal)
- Municipalidad de Córdoba (Argentina)
- Junta Vecinal del Sector 6B del Distrito de San Borja (Perú)
- Arrondissement d'Ahuntsic-Cartierville (Montréal, Canada)
- Municipality of Milan (Italy)
- Secretaría de Inclusión y Bienestar Social (SIBISO) del Gobierno de la Ciudad de México : (México)
- Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
- Åre Municipality (Sweden)